If you tend to get a little geeky when it comes to numbers, you probably already recognized that today is 12/12/12. Unless you find the fountain of youth and plan on living until January 1, 2101, today’s the last repeating date that will occur in our lifetimes. Also noteworthy, there are 12 more days until Christmas Eve.
To celebrate this significant date, we’ve compiled a list of 12 data points for brands as they execute their holiday marketing campaigns. Check it out.
- Nearly a quarter of consumers (24%) in a Yesmail survey wait until December to start checking things off their holiday shopping list.
- 70% of surveyed shoppers plan to spend the same or more this holiday season than they did in 2011.
- Compared to others, mobile device owners are more than twice as likely to spend $800+ on holiday shopping.
- 62% of mobile shoppers have used their device to compare web prices to in-store prices while in-store. (Want to deter “showrooming”?)
- 41% of mobile device owners have made a purchase as a direct result of an email promotion viewed on their device. (Will your emails reach inboxes?)
- While 40% of consumers prefer to shop online between 6 and 10pm, only 5% of email campaigns are deployed during that key timeframe.
- The most influential type of email promotion? Percent Discount.
- The second most influential promo? Free Shipping.
- Almost half of shoppers (44%) have interacted with a brand on social media as a result of an email they received.
- 50% of shoppers are somewhat to strongly influenced by social media when making an online purchase.
- 42% of respondents are somewhat to strongly influenced by social media when making an in-store purchase.
- Just how much will U.S. consumers spend this holiday season? $586.1 BILLION.